Monday, August 15, 2011

Quick update!

First of all, I would like to thank my wonderful daughter, Tara, and my son in-law, Mike, for doing at wonderful job on the Google map.
Roy and I left Anse-a-Beaufils on Saturday around 7am and sailed until today(Monday)and arrived at Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. Thats 55 hours of sailing, I think we sailed around 225 miles. I'm not sure how many miles we traveled, the Captain is sleeping peacefully and I don't want to wake him. We decided since we had some wind most of the time, no swells and sunny warm weather, that we would just keep going.
Going to go relax and we should update all the details tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. How delightful to see Yumsuch (great name!) moored just outside my office window in Halifax. I have difficulty suppressing my envy. For a few decades there have been several Nonsuch's in and around the Harbour, but Yumsuch is certainly the biggest I've seen. I have a great fondness for catboats - in the 50's, our family yacht :) was a John Alden designed, Dartmouth built 18' Cape Cod catboat. Not much LOA, but so beamy that our family of 7 could be accommodated, or 4 for sleeping.

    Fair winds!

    Phil Payzant

    ReplyDelete