Friday, September 23, 2011

The Sailing Capital

We had a great week! We spent two nights anchored at Bohemia Creek, some relaxing, Roy and I working and cleaning up and polishing up Yumsuch. Wednesday day we left Bohemia Creek to start heading towards Annapolis. We had a late start due to some fog, it turned out to be a nice sailing day. At times we were dodging debris from Irene. It felt like you were in a maze dodging logs for 10 minutes then clear sailing for about an hour before you saw anymore debris. We decided to call it an early sailing day and stop around 6 pm to play it safe from hitting any debris after sunset. We ended up stopping at Tolchester Marina which is located in Eastern Shore of the beautiful Chesapeake Bay in a very small town called Chestertown. Thursday we sailed to Annapolis arrived @ 4pm and found a great marina for a month! Yumsuch's home for the next month is East Port Yacht Center.
We have a busy month a head Roy making sales calls, visiting family and the boat show. We are heading to Rochester tomorrow to visit with Rochelle and her boyfriend Kevin. They just moved into their townhouse. Then we are off to Syracuse to visit our families. Roy will be making sales calls Monday thru Wed. while I visit with my family and catch up with ex-co-workers. Then we are back here for a week before the boat show. Tom and Ashley are coming down for the boat show, and weather permitting, a sail. I have always loved Annapolis but just being here for 1 night, hitting a local pub that the dock master (Ray) recommended, made it feel like home!

Ray helped us( I should say me) dock since we now have poles to tie off to instead of a dock. Which is totally new for me but now I know what I’m doing!(I hope!) There is very little room to maneuver into our slip, but my wonderful Captain Roy can handle anything!

Ray is going to teach me how to catch crabs and make crab cakes. I love it when the locals want to teach you their culture!

Then we are off to see Tara, Mike and grandkids. Roy has to be in the office on The 11th, so he will stay out to make calls for the rest of the week while I get to play with Jacob and Nathaniel! Then we will start planning our journey to Myrtle Beach at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment